On this day

June 15, 1962

cover page of Morpeth Herald published on June 15, 1962

Morpeth Herald

Issues

5,969

Pages

58,394

The Morpeth Herald was founded on 1 April 1854 by James Mackay, son of a local tailor. Initially a monthly publication, it became a weekly in 1858. It remained in the Mackay family until 1983, when the title was acquired by the Tweeddale Press Group. In 1992, it was sold to Northeast Press, a division of Johnston Press.

 

For this newspaper, we have the following titles in, or planned for, our digital archive:

  • 1854–55 The Morpeth Monthly Herald
  • 1855–2001 The Morpeth Herald

This newspaper is published by National World Publishing Ltd in Morpeth, Northumberland, England. It was digitised and first made available on the British Newspaper Archive in Jan 10, 2013 . The latest issues were added in May 21, 2024 25 days ago.