The Conservative Burnley Advertiser was established in 1852. Originally styled the Burnley Advertiser & EastLancashire Gazette, it was 4 pages long and priced at 1d. The first edition was delivered free to 2000 homes in and around Burnley. Initially published on the first Saturday of every month, it shifted to weekly publication in 1856.
It was absorbed by the Burnley Express (established 1877) in 1880.
For this newspaper, we have the following titles in, or planned for, our digital archive:
- 1853–55 The Burnley Advertiser, and East Lancashire Gazette
- 1855–80 The Burnley Advertiser
This newspaper is published by Johnston Press plc in Burnley, Lancashire, England. It was digitised and first made available on the British Newspaper Archive in Dec 20, 2012 . The latest issues were added in Jun 3, 2013.