The Wellington Journal was a weekly publication founded in 1854 by Thomas Leake. After taking over the rival Shropshire News in 1874, it became known as the Wellington Journal and Shrewsbury News.
The paper remained in the Leake family until 1965 when it was sold to Shropshire Star and Journal Ltd (a subsidiary of the Midland News Association Ltd.). The title was changed to the Shropshire Journal.
For this newspaper, we have the following titles in, or planned for, our digital archive:
- 1854–1909 The Wellington Journal
This newspaper is published by Midland News Association in Wellington, Shropshire, England. It was digitised and first made available on the British Newspaper Archive in Jan 31, 2015 . The latest issues were added in Jun 1, 2023.